Day 12 – Bullet your whole day.
- Wake Up
- Immediately notice that my throat and lips are dry.
- Search for water thinking to myself, “I’m sure there’s an unfinished bottle of water somewhere.” There is. Drink it.
- Slowly roll out of bed and turn the fan off.
- Throw the silk black and and gold robe thing over my head and do my business in the bathroom.
- Do something with my hair. I really need to take these braids down.
- Listen to the new Kendrick Lamar album and make breakfast.
- Do my taxes.
- It’s not even 12 noon, I’m doing GREAT!
- I deserve a nap or some wine. Okay, wine then nap.
Day 13 – Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.
I don’t know why I feel like my heart is in Australia.
Day 14 – Your earliest memory.
When my Mom was married to her second husband, we lived in Virginia. I have two distinct memories from that time. I’m not sure which would be the earliest. I remember catching fireflies in the yard… but then I’d confuse them with bees sometimes and run away. I also remember eating cheese under my blanket while my Mom was ironing my clothes in my room. Yes, I would sneak cheese. I still love cheese this much – I just don’t have to hide it… as often.
Day 15 – Your favorite Tumblrs.
Day 16 – Your views on mainstream music.
Boy, is that shit catchy! But I’d rather listen to alternative R&B music that people have barely heard of or really old music that just moves my soul. I’m usually in the loop of mainstream music unintentionally.
Put your music on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
This may go AWESOME or this may be embarrassing. Shit.
- Insomnia – Jill Scott
- I’m Not The Only One – Sam Smith (this song jams)
- Oui – Jeremih
- When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars (mhmm… you should’ve bought me flowers Bruno…)
- 6 God – Drake (classy ratchet music)
- #1 Fan – Trey Songz (sigh……… I need a boo.)
- Booty – Erykah Badu (Yo Booty might be bigga but I can still pull yo nig**……. yaasss)
- You See Me – Childish Gambino (he’s one of my favorite rappers)
- Do Me, Baby – Prince (I loooooooooooove me some Prince, child, yes!!)
- I Am Changing – Jennifer Hudson in DreamGirls (I.Love.Musicals.)
Bonus: Bambi – Jidenna (This whole album jams honestly.)
I don’t remember my first kiss. The end.
As far as my first love, my first real love. It makes me smile to think of those first few months, although, it ended in me kicking your Xbox six years later. You loved video games more than you loved me.
You were tall, dark, and handsome. I loved seeing you smile so I can catch a glimpse of your dimples. You were the first man to make me feel truly desired as a woman and not just a play toy. I would’ve done anything and everything for you and I did! I’m sure the soul tie we had was because you gave me my first orgasm.
Living with you was the worst, but you were my best friend. I’ll never forget our first date. You took me to play laser tag and I thought that was so unique. You were the sweetest as we sat on the same side of the booth afterwards and we shared a slice of turtle cheesecake. Our first kiss really fulfilled my fantasies… we were playing on a playground, having so much fun and it started to rain………….
Those two people are long gone now. I am so grateful we are both in better places. We went back and forth for six years. I’m sorry for making both of us so unhappy by holding onto you longer than I should have.